The deeyayeye modder is a tool to modify the original GO apk and give the users the ability to control what the GO app does and what not. This is for Android only. For example you get the choice to stop the GO app from calling home and sending your data there (offline mode) or to fix the broken detection of FCC/CE and force FCC in FCC countrys when you use a non-GPS tablet with CE simcard inside of a FCC country. The patches are done by an open-source patching system you can find here: https://github.com/Bin4ry/deejayeye-modder
*Make your OWN patched version of GO. This way you are SURE what is in it. DO NOT USE A PRE-PATCHED VERSION UNLESS YOU KNOW WHO PATCHED IT*
If you want to contribute a patch of your own open a pull-request.
NOTE: Deeyayeye-Modder is about selecting & applying mods, not about creating them. If you want to create one yourself with free tools i would recommend: Use the .bat or .sh in the modder as a starting point to see how the APK is dissected until its laid out into .smali files (and maybe create 2 simple bat files out of the original, the first can create the file structure and apply patches, the second can build & sign the apk, this way its easy to play with smali files and give it a go). I use jadx (0.61 on mac, on windows they recommend .54) to load up the .apk. There i search the places in Java pseudo code i want to patch. Jadx shows the corresponding SMALI line numbers which is GREAT. So you search the vulnerable position and then edit the smali file e.g. with TextWrangler or Notepad++. Then rebuild the APK and test. Fast turnaround, maximum comfort. Good luck, keep contributing stuff Ender
P.S. Learn about Smali opcodes here : http://pallergabor.uw.hu/androidblog/dalvik_opcodes.html
And about much more here: http://androidcracking.blogspot.de/search/label/smali
Grab the files from bin4ry. https://github.com/Bin4ry/deejayeye-modder
Unzip them to a folder. Look for download_tools.bat and run it. This will make a tools folder for you and download the necessary additional files you need and place them in the tools folder.
You may need to install Java Development Kit, you can get it here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
Go get the 4.1.3 APK from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-3-release/dji-go-4-4-1-3-android-apk-download/ Put it in the PutApkHere folder. Rename this apk to orig.apk. Do you see how easy bin4ry made this for you? You need to tell him thanks. There are also other APK's you can patch. Look in the patches folder to see what versions of APK bin4ry's tool supports. APK versions 4.1.14 and 4.1.15 have NoSecNeo in them, so you can't use a stock APK for patching. You will need to go to Slack to get these. ANY APK you want to patch must be renamed to orig.apk, or the patching won't work.
Run RunMe.bat as admin. If you don’t know how to do this, just stop right now. Follow the prompts, you can now choose what patches you want to apply!! Pick a number for the corresponding patch and hit enter to move to the next choice. Once you are done, enter P, then enter again. Follow the patching progress. It may take a while, so be patient.
You will find your modified apk file in the MODDED_APK_OUT directory.
====== APK Creation Using Windows GUI====== (not updated for latest APK patching. Use an alternate method)
The WinAPK Patcher is a GUI version of the windows Command line above. It is dependent on downloading the same files as above.
1. Download https://github.com/Bin4ry/deejayeye-modder/blob/master/WindowsPatchApp/PatchAPK.zip and extract to the root of your c drive. You should end up with a folder named PatchAPK on your C drive.
2. Right click on “My Computer” select “Properties” and then “Advanced System Settings” and then “Environment Variables”. You should have an entry like the following. “Path C:\PatchAPK\tool” If not, edit or add it.
3. Run download_tools.bat
4. You may need to install Java Development Kit, you can get it here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
5. Install .Net Framework 4.6.2 if you don't have it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344
6. Download the apk from here https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-3-release/dji-go-4-4-1-3-android-apk-download/ Be sure the APK name does not have any spaces in it. For example, change the apk from “DJI GO 4 4.1.3.apk” to “DJIGO4413.apk”, or even just “orig.apk” etc. Then for the sake of ease, put the apk in c:\patchAPK
7. Click OK until you are out of those windows.
8. Go to the PatchAPK folder and double click PatchAPK.exe (Run as Administrator)
9. Click on “FILE” and select the app version you have and want to patch. 4.1.3 in this case.
10. Click on “FILE” and Browse to c:\PatchAPK and select the apk file you downloaded and renamed.
11. Click decompile (this will take a little time to complete.)
12. Select the patches you want and click patch. (This should not take more than a few seconds.)
13. Select Build and Sign, this will take a little time to complete.
14. Once it is finished you can find your patched app in c:\PatchAPK\decompile\dist
Install your toolchain as per the instructions here. You only need to do this once… but check the instructions to see if there are any new tools that you may need.
If this is your first time using deejayeye-modder, you will need to checkout the code from git.
cd ~/Documents/ git clone https://github.com/Bin4ry/deejayeye-modder.git cd deejayeye-modder chmod u+x RunMe.sh
If you have done this before and you want to make sure you have the latest code, you just need to sync to the most recent version
cd ~/Documents/deejayeye-modder git pull
ln -s ~/Documents/tools/ ~/Documents/deejayeye-modder/
Go get the 4.1.3 APK from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-3-release/dji-go-4-4-1-3-android-apk-download/
Put the original file into the “PutApkHere” folder and name it orig.apk
You will find your modified apk file in the MODDED_APK_OUT directory